There’s no way around it: 2020 has been a rough year. Between an international pandemic and political tensions at an all time high, we all need a chance to slow down and relax now and then. And as we all know, there is no better way to relax than to sit back in your favorite armchair and put your feet up with a nice beverage. Add your daily dose of Farmer & Chemist’s Lickety Split to the equation and you’re in for a night of R&R like no other.
Taking a page out of our local coffee shop’s book, we’ve curated four of our favorite CBD drink recipes that you can make at home! Whether you like to nurse a slow-roasted coffee in the morning or sip on a straight-from-the-fridge Diet Coke, we’ve got something for everyone.
All these recipes utilize Farmer & Chemist’s Lickety Split Advanced Emulsion Tincture. These tinctures come in three flavors: Today is Grape, Cara-Melt, and Natural. They are completely water soluble, so you can mix it in with any beverage and still get the anxiety relief that you’re so hoping for!
CBD Infused Lime Rickey
The days are getting a little colder, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy an icy classic. Not only is this beverage a classic, it’s also super easy to make. All you need is seltzer water, a bit of lime juice, some simple syrup, and a dose of Lickety Split. I chose to include some Today is Grape, because I like a little more fruity flavor in my beverages.
- 2 oz lime juice (two to three limes, if you decide to go the fresh route)
- Lime zest to taste
- 3 oz seltzer water
- 1 oz simple syrup
- One dose of Lickety Split Today is Grape
- Pour your lime juice, seltzer, and simple syrup into an ice-filled glass.
- Add your pharmacist-recommended dose of Lickety Split.
- Zest one of your freshly squeezed limes directly into the glass.
- Mix and enjoy!
Frozen Hot Chocolate
There are few things I love more than a frozen hot chocolate. One of those things is a frozen hot chocolate with a little caramel twist—and with Farmer & Chemist’s Cara-Melt flavor of Lickety Split, I can get all that with my daily CBD. This recipe is super simple—you probably have everything already in your fridge and pantry. My version calls for packets of hot cocoa powder, but if you’re feeling fancy the internet has homemade hot chocolate mix recipes aplenty. Here’s an easy one.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup ice
- 3 tbsp hot cocoa powder
- 1 dose of Lickety Split Cara-Melt
- Whipped cream
- (optional) Chocolate sauce to taste, for some extra chocolatey flavor
- Add milk, hot chocolate mix, ice, and your recommended dose of Lickety Split Cara-Melt to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and top with whipped cream.
It’s been said that putting CBD in your coffee gives you the alertness of caffeine without jitters. Whether or not this is true has yet to be proven, but it has been proven that putting Lickety Split Cara-Melt in your morning coffee tastes pretty delicious. If you’re like me though, sometimes you need something more fun than a simple cup of coffee. I’m a big fan of chocolate, so here’s my favorite hot mocha recipe, with a little CBD twist.
- 1 cup hot coffee
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 dose Lickety Split Cara-Melt
- Sugar to taste
- Heat coffee, milk, cocoa powder, and heavy cream to your desired temperature in a small saucepan. Whisk furiously.
- Whisk in your pharmacist-recommended dose of Lickety Split Cara-Melt.
- Pour into your favorite mug and top with whipped cream, and enjoy!
CBD Dirty Diet Coke
While CBD has been taking over coffee shops, drive-thru soda bars have been taking over Utah. It seems you can’t go anywhere without driving past a Swig or Sodalicious that popped up seemingly overnight. These soda bars really know what they’re doing though, because I find myself stopping at least once a week for a large Dirty Diet Coke. The only thing that would make this beverage better is if it had my daily dose of CBD in it. And now, thanks to this recipe, it can!
- 2 tablespoons coconut syrup
- ½ lime
- 12 oz Diet Coke
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- 1 dose Lickety Split Natural
- Pour coconut syrup and half and half into the a large glass. Fill with the desired amount of ice.
- Squeeze half a lime over the ice and drop the lime in the glass.
- Pour in the Diet Coke.
- Add your dose of Lickety Split Natural.
- Stir and enjoy!
Let us know how you like the recipes, and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Instagram (@farmer_and_chemist) to share your photos!